Christmas is almost here!
I’m sure a lot of people reading that will roll their eyes or groan, as they wish they had more time to buy presents, organise Christmas lunch, and decorate the house with a tree and lights. Sorry, but I’m excited.
I’ve always loved Christmas. I’m not talking about the materialistic parts, I’m talking about the TRUE reason for the season. Jesus may not have been born on December 25, but it is a beautiful thing for (most of) the world to set aside a day to celebrate our Lord and Saviour coming to Earth to exist as a human, to teach us, and show us who He is.
So, for the next 12 days, I will be participating in the Blogging Challenge. The rules are as follows:
- Include the photo below in each blog post
- You may start at any point in December
- Use the topic supplied for the post of that day
- Make sure all posts are in December, but they don’t have to be posted consecutively (lets face it it’s a busy time)
- Nominate 3 people after each blog to start the challenge
- Have fun!
Picture by ScaleSimple
Let’s get started.
DAY 1. List your favourite things about Christmas
There are so many things to list here, but I’ll try.
- Church in the morning. A great way to start the day.
- Setting up the Christmas tree – a month-long reminder that the special day is coming.
- Family spending time together.
- Lunch (not having to cook or clean up)
- Seeing the smiles on everyone’s faces when they open their presents (not quantity or cost, just something that lets them know they were thought of).
- All chilling out at home with Grandma (she’s 93 years old!) and playing games and watching TV.
- Christmas carols (Christian, not really the ones about Santa, etc.)
I’m sure there are many more, and I might come back and add to the list later on, but for the most part this sums up my favourite things about Christmas.